Anna, over at The Silent Isle Blog has nominated me for the Sunshine Award. I was so honored that anyone would consider my blog for ANY kind of award that I desperately grasped at it, as you can see from my picture above.
The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The receivers of the Sunshine Award are bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere.
The award comes with stipulations: I must share seven facts about myself and then nominate seven other blogs I enjoy.
First the boring facts, so please watch this thirty second clip first:
Okay, hmm, where to start…I don’t really care for Starburst candies, but I think that commercial is hysterically funny.
- My husband, Gramps, and I have been together so long we are starting to look like each other. (See our photo above)
- When the two of us work together on the farm or with cattle, we sometimes do not get along all that well. We once had a Dukes of Hazard type episode with these two trucks:
(After I got over my mad the whole story was pretty funny, although Gramps still looks like his boots are pinching his feet when I tell it.)
- Anna shared in her post she is not a morning person. I, however, function well only in the morning. I even go to bed at ten o’ clock pm on New Years Eve.
- My six widdle grandkids, Kevman, Blondie, Roper, Einstein, Git ‘R’Done and Ladybug are some of the brightest spots of my entire lifetime. They make putting up with their dads through childhood completely worth it. (Hey. You boys know I’m kidding, right? Right?)
- Some of my favorite books aside from my Bible: Ben Hur by Lew Wallace. The Virginian by Owen Wister. This House of Sky by Ivan Doig. Gringos by Charles Portis. The Far Pavilions and Shadow Of the Moon by M M Kaye. All of James Herriot’s books including the kids’ books. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. Okay I’d better stop, now.
- One of my favorite poems is called The Weaver:
My Life is but a weaving
between my Lord and me;
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.
Oft times He weaveth sorrow
And I, in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper,
And I the under side.
Not til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver’s skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.
Now my nominations for the Sunshine Award:
Dairy Carrie who blogs about dairy farming and agriculture issues
Michelle at the Collie Farm Blog because I like sheep
My writer friend, Erin, who writes inspirational humor
Becky Doughty a writer who blogs a serial Christian novel called Elderberry Croft. Check it out.
Grandparents Plus 2 who blogs about gardening and grandkids and has cool pictures
As an old homeschool mom myself, I lurk around the homeschoolers’ blogs picking up good ideas to use with the grandkids. This is one I enjoy. A Homeschool Mom
And another one: Jolanthe at Homeschool Creations
Once again, Anna, thank you so much. You are very kind.
God Bless All Y’all until next time.
*If you’d like to receive the From the Ranch Pen blog posts in your e-mail, feel free to sign up in the sidebar…or not. Whatever you want to do about that.